What is Seedcorn?
For start-ups and early-stage businesses, the Seedcorn Investor Readiness Competition is the perfect chance to get ‘investor ready’. The Seedcorn contest mirrors the real-life investment process. Participants, who are in with a chance to win a share of a €300,000 cash prize fund, can secure expert feedback on their business plans and pitches, improve their investor readiness and gain exposure to investors, all while boosting their firm’s profile.
- For companies under five years old at 27 May 2022 and who are seeking to raise new equity of between €50,000 and €299,999 or Sterling equivalent.
- For companies under five years old at 27 May 2022 and who are seeking to raise in excess of €300,000 or Sterling equivalent.
There are ten cash prizes up for grabs and entrepreneurs compete against each other regionally before competing for the all-island Best New Start and Best Early Stage Company titles.
Every business idea / plan submitted is reviewed by our investment experts and you are given individual feedback on request. Shortlisted companies also get a unique opportunity to pitch to investors and business leaders.
- €100,000: Overall winner
- €50,000: Best Category Winner
- 6 x €20,000: Regional Winners
- €10,000: Special Award Winner for the best venture stemming from a university spin-out or support programme
- €20,000: Low Carbon / Green award