What is Seedcorn?
For start-ups and early-stage businesses, the Seedcorn Investor Readiness Competition is the perfect chance to get ‘investor ready’. The Seedcorn contest mirrors the real-life investment process. Participants, who are in with a chance to win a share of a €300,000 cash prize fund, can secure expert feedback on their business plans and pitches, improve their investor readiness and gain exposure to investors, all while boosting their firm’s profile.
The 2021 Seedcorn Investor Readiness competition has now closed for entires.
- For companies under five years old at 31 May 2021 and who are seeking to raise new equity of between €50,000 and €299,999.
- For companies under five years old at 31 May 2021 and who are seeking to raise in excess of €300,000.
There are ten cash prizes up for grabs and entrepreneurs compete against each other regionally before competing for the all-island Best New Start and Best Early Stage Company titles.
Every business idea / plan submitted is reviewed by our investment experts and you are given individual feedback on request. Shortlisted companies also get a unique opportunity to pitch to investors and business leaders.
- €100,000: Overall winner
- €50,000: Best Category Winner
- 6 x €20,000: Regional Winners
- €10,000: Special Award Winner for the best venture stemming from a university spin-out or support programme
- €20,000: Low Carbon / Green award