Planning to grow your business and in need of new funding?
Are you an established ambitious company, planning to grow your business and in need of new funding?
InterTradeIreland’s Funding Advisory Service for Established Businesses is aimed at SMEs who are looking for new or alternative sources of funding to finance business growth. Details of our supports are outlined below.
Note this programme is not suitable for pre-revenue or start-up companies.
What are the alternative sources of funding?
The banks have always been the principle drivers of business finance, however there is now an increasing choice of non bank funding available in the market today. This includes Asset Financing, Asset Based Lending (ABL), Peer to Peer Lending (P2P), Private Equity Funding, Crowd funding and Government Backed Loan Funds.
Watch our 3 min Video for an overview of the alternative forms of finance available (right)
- These workshops are FREE and are held at various locations across the island.
- They cover the main sources of funding including bank funding, trade credit and finance and alternative funding sources including private equity, peer to peer lending and crowd funding.
- Grant Thornton, one of the world’s leading organisations of independent assurance, tax and advisory firms assist InterTradeIreland with the delivery of these Funding for Growth workshops.
- At each workshop you will hear from funding providers, receive an overview of the funding environment, find out what funders are looking for and you will also find out about SME supports available from InterTradeIreland.
- The workshops focus on the various funding options available and provide practical lessons in applying for and securing funding for growth.
- Time is set aside at workshops for SMEs to network with finance providers – finance providers active in the market with an appetite to lend.
Tue25MayFunding Advisory Service Workshop Limerick10:00am - 11:00amAre you an established company aiming to grow your business in need of funding?
Tue22JunFunding Advisory Service Workshop Dublin10:00am - 11:00amAre you an established company aiming to grow your business in need of funding?
One-to-one advisory service and signposting service
20 companies each year will be given the opportunity to participate in the programme. 14 from the Republic of Ireland 6 from Northern Ireland. The objective of the programme is to improve the capacity of participants to raise finance to enable their business to grow. Each of the 20 companies will be appointed a dedicated corporate finance expert from Grant Thornton. Each company will work with the advisor over a series of meetings. In between meetings each participant company will be required to pursue any agreed follow up actions aimed at improving the fundability of the business.
Note applicants to the programme will be required to have a minimum annual turnover of £100,000 (or €uro equivalent), have a trading history of a minimum of 18 months and should have attended a workshop. Applicants to the programme will be required to submit their most recent annual accounts and a business plan. Shortlisting will be based on companies most likely to benefit from the programme. The final stage in shortlisting will be a telephone conversation with the advisor from Grant Thornton.
To apply for this service click the link below and fill out the application form.
Business planning tool
This business planning tool has been designed specifically for established Small to Medium size Enterprises (“SMEs”) seeking to raise finance. This business planning tool can be used as a guide for an SME. However each business is unique and it is advisable that each business plan should be tailored to the specific funding requirements your business has.