Simple Guides

Are my vehicles/drivers insured in Ireland?

Normally, vehicles used for business purposes must be specifically insured for business use. It would be wise, prior to undertaking a new business venture Ireland, to obtain written confirmation from your Insurance Company in Northern Ireland that it will cover your vehicles/drivers for business purposes in Ireland.

If you have Irish resident employees with personal use of UK vehicles you will need to consider VRT (Vehicle Registration Tax).

As Ireland have introduced a new statutory residence test, employees who exceed 183 days in Ireland may need to take separate advice in respect of their overall tax position.