Horizon Europe is the European Union’s seven-year research and innovation programme, running from 2021 until 2027, with a proposed budget of €95 billion.
This cluster will focus on activities in support of the implementation of EU policy priorities relating to security, including cybersecurity, and disaster risk management. Research and innovation activities will help to put into practice the EU Maritime Security Strategy and, as concerns EU maritime borders, take in role in developing integrated border management.
Confirmed areas for funding include:
Disaster-resilient societies (four sub-topics):
• Chemical, biological, radiological, nuclear and explosive (CBRN-E) incidents;
• Climate-related risks and extreme events;
• Geological disasters, such as earthquakes, volcanic eruptions and tsunamis
• Pandemics and emerging infectious diseases.
2) Protection and Security – EU external borders;
3) Protection and Security – Protection of public places;
4) Protection and Security – Security and resilience of infrastructure and vital societal functions;
5) Protection and Security – Maritime security;
6) Protection and Security – Fighting crime and terrorism;
This information session will provide details on the programme, funding and support mechanisms