- Be an SME with less than 250 staff and £40Million turnover, priority will be given to companies employing less than 100 or those with turnover of less than £10m / or euro equivalent.
- Be an indigenous business registered in Ireland or Northern Ireland (Companies from Ireland must hold a valid Tax Clearance Certificate)
- Be active in either the manufacturing or tradeable services sectors. By tradeable services, InterTradeIreland requires the business service to be delivered in the cross border market, and not just to attract customers from the cross border market to their service business in the home market. (See list below of ineligible sectors)
- Have an established trading history and have a proven track record in their home market. (ie. minimum 12-18months trading history)
- Have an established trading record in cross border trade (ie. selling products/ services in the cross border market) or have identified a potential opportunity for future cross border trade.
- Have increasing cross border trade as the primary focus of the project.
- Must be able to complete the E-Merge project within 4 – 6 weeks of approval.